Blue Lion Moving & Storage Pty Ltd (Blue Lion) is legally bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
In order to provide our products and services to you we may need to collect personal information. We will always respect your right to privacy by protecting such personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect personal information as necessary to provide our business services to you. Collection of personal information will be fair, lawful and not intrusive. Blue Lion may use your personal information to:
- Respond to your product, service or information request
- Identify products and services that may benefit you
- Administer, manage and co-ordinate your move
- Facilitate our legal and compliance obligations
- Recruit employees and contractors
Unless you request us not to do so, your personal information may be accessed and used by Blue Lion to:
- Market our products and services to you
- Develop an understanding of the products and services you may be interested in learning about, or obtaining from us
- Undertake market research
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Managing our internal operations and administrative functions
Blue Lion may disclose your personal information as necessary:
- On a confidential basis to third parties when we contract out certain services such as removal contractors, packing and unpacking services, car and pet transport services, insurance requirements. We require that organisations outside our group who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to us acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual’s right of privacy and comply with the National Privacy Principles and this Privacy Statement. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
- Where the law requires us to do so
- If you consent to provision of information to a third party
Blue Lion does not collect sensitive information such as a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religion, membership of political or trade union movement, sexual preference or activities, criminal record or state of health and medical history.
Blue Lion ensures reasonable steps are in place to make sure that the personal information that it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date and that adequate security exists to protect personal information from misuse and loss, and any unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Blue Lion will provide access upon request to an individual whose personal information is kept.
Blue Lion will endeavour to only transfer information to a foreign country where circumstances provide for the adequate protection of such information.
For more information privacy Officer can be contacted on 03 9797 4800 and is located at 182 – 184 Hammond Road, Dandenong, Victoria 3175.
The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 was passed by the Federal Government to control the collection and use of personal information gathered by companies in the private sector. Further information on the Act may be found by visiting www.privacy.gov.au.